Air Purifier System – a Must in Your Home
Air purifier systems (also known as air sanitizers) – Why are they so very important in the home? Quite simply because the air inside is generally polluted. It’s often 10 times more polluted and even up to 100 times more polluted than outside air. These pollutants can contribute to headaches, fatigue, bronchial irritation, and unpleasant odors.
What are Air Purifiers?
Air purifiers, also commonly referred to as air cleaners, are electronic devices designed to clean the air.
This is done by eliminating harmful contaminants or what’s generally referred to as harmful air particles in order to improve indoor air quality.
While many people view air purifiers as something that’s optional, rather than essential, we hope that by the end of this article, you will have a greater understanding of the benefits of having an air purifier in your home or office.
As a result of the information we share, you will see that in many instances, installing an air filter is not only something that we recommend, but something that can make a difference to your health, that of your family, and even in the workplace.
Benefits of Owning an Air Purifier System
No doubt you have heard of air purifiers but have you ever taken the time to explore the benefits?
In eliminating dangerous or unhealthy contaminants from the air in your home or office, it also makes the air easier to breathe.
Who can benefit the most from Air Purifiers?
In general, the primary beneficiaries in the home are young children, the elderly, and those with allergies.
When breathing cleaner air, your health is likely to improve. There is a good chance that you may find yourself getting ill less often. The results will be based on whether or not there are other factors that contribute to your illness. It’s definitely not intended to be a ‘cure-all.’
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency, people who are often most susceptible to the adverse effects of pollution – the very young, older adults, people with cardiovascular or respiratory disease – tend to spend even more time indoors. Thus, the need to keep the air quality inside your home cleaner.
- Are you a smoker, or is there someone who smokes inside your home? While air purifiers can help to keep the air more breathable and improve the quality indoors, most cannot completely eliminate smoke particles from the air. In general, especially if someone is a heavy smoker, most purifiers are not able to keep up with the particles.
Over the years manufacturers have done diligent research to improve their systems with additional filtration to eliminate these smoke particles as much as possible. We will share the system that we recommend later in this article.
- Do you have pets inside? While you love your pets, you should be aware that they cause unhealthy particles to form indoors.
Dander and allergens are natural to most pets. These can flake off their fur and float in the air. While not discernible, they are pulled into and then circulated through your air conditioning cooling or heating system. You and your family then breathe in all of this. Not only does it decrease the air quality inside of your home, it clogs your system’s air filters. It becomes a vicious cycle as the system then spreads the dander and pollutants around the home.
An added benefit is that your air purifier may help to reduce allergies to pets’ hair.
NOTE: If you have pets indoors, you should make every effort to clean or change your air filters more frequently to prevent your system from becoming blocked and having to work harder.
- In addition to those who have a house with pets or a cigarette smoker, it is also advised that those with allergies purchase an air purifier for their home. Air purifiers work to eliminate common dust particles, and this is often a common cause of allergies.
- Some studies indicate that the air we breathe and how we breathe has an impact on our emotions and wellbeing. Therefore, this means that breathing cleaner air, because of having an air purifier, may result in your being healthier and you may also enjoy life a little bit more.
- Earlier we mentioned that the elderly are especially vulnerable. Even if you do not have an elderly person living in the home, if they visit your home regularly, they could be a risk.
- In order to achieve the maximum benefit and results, you actually have to use your air purifier on a regular basis. Think of how many people invest in exercise equipment and after a while, it becomes a place to hang or store items. You want to make sure that once you invest in an air purifier you use it regularly. That’s the only way you’re going to receive continuous benefits.
What air purifier to buy?
At the time of writing this article, I Googled “air purifiers” and got 69.3 million results in .76 seconds. That’s a lot of information you could spend hours wading through in your search to identify the right kind of air purifier or cleaner.
Here are some facts to keep in mind:
- Your air purifier should trap, but also destroy harmful bacteria.
- The size of the room in which the purifier will be installed is important.
- Overall cost, including filters. Some filters can be cleaned, while others need to be replaced. You should be aware that with some manufacturers the filters can cost more than what you originally paid for the purifier.
- HEPA Filters – Look for purifiers with HEPA filters. They usually cost a little more but perform the best. Further, HEPA filters must meet specific regulations. These regulations, which are imposed by the Department of Energy, are the reason why air purifiers with HEPA filters are considered the most successful at eliminating unwanted or harmful air particles.
- According to Consumer Reports.org “…using HEPA filters results in reductions of 50 percent or higher in particulate matter. In one 2018 study of about 130 households, filtration resulted in about 30 percent reduction in coarse particles, like dust.”
Recommended by True Temp LLC – AC Repair and Install in Port St Lucie FL
Your search for the ‘right’ air purifier should start with what’s the proven promise of the manufacturer.
We have found the REME-HALO manufactured by RGF Environmental Group to be one of the most effective indoor air purification systems.
- It is effective for the removal of bacteria, viruses, pollen, dust, dander, mold spores, and VOC’s.
- It “kills 99 percent of flu germs, bacteria, and viruses on surfaces and in the air. It reduces allergens, dust dander, and smoke.
- It is used in government buildings, hospitals, hotels, schools, and homes worldwide.
We invite you to read the Press Release which shows that in an independent third party study the REME-HALO was tested and proven to be 99% effective in inactivating SARS-CoV-2, commonly known as COVID-19.
We hope that the above information was clear and compelling and helped you to understand how important it is to keep your environment free from dangerous pollutants with a powerful air purification system.
Still, have questions? To learn more and get your questions answered, please contact True Temp LLC – AC Repair and Install in Port St Lucie FL at (772) 212-8499. We’ll be happy to assist you.